Good food is the foundation of a good life.
Urban Foods is a family owned and run business, established in 2006. For the last 14 years, we have supplied quality produce to the best restaurants, hotels, and catering companies in Gauteng and Cape Town. We’ve also looked for ways to increase our range of products and services with suppliers and initiatives that share our values. To this end, we merged with Herbtanical in 2017 and have since offered fancy lettuces, frozen and fresh berries, exquisite micro greens and shoots, gourmet baby vegetables, as well as a range of exotic leaves and heirloom vegetables.
Our next opportunity to expand came in 2017 when we included Urban Direct and then again when we brought Truthery into the fold. Urban Direct is an affordable make-at-home meal kit delivery service in Gauteng, enabling our customers to skip the planning, shopping, and fuss, all the while learning new culinary skills and experiencing new flavours. We were also in a position to give customers access to wholesome, cold pressed nutritional products from Truthery.
Our latest service development came about in 2020, after the National Lockdown was implemented as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. With people keeping indoors, there was a need for a trustworthy online grocery store with home delivery within 48 hours and Urban Foods stepped up to the plate with our Urban Foods Grocery Shop.
Why use Us?
• Only ethically and sustainably produced items are sourced.
• Get everything you need, 24/7 – whether you’re in the hospitality industry or simply cooking at home.
• Our team is dedicated to planning and intelligent fleet management to ensure that orders arrive on time, every time.
• Our facility adheres to the FSSC 22000 International Food Management system, meaning we adhere to the strictest global health, safety, and hygiene conditions.
• We operate in Gauteng (all services) and the Cape (Urban Food Wholesale only).